March 27th is International Scribble Day, celebrated annually to recognize the art of scribbling and its role in sparking creativity in people of all ages. Though the day is relatively new, it has become increasingly popular since its inception in 2019. This year, we celebrate International Scribble Day on March 27, 2023.
International Scribble Day Date
March 27, 2023 is the day to celebrate International Scribble Day, a day to let your artistic skills loose and scribble your way to creative greatness. The whole world comes together on this day to celebrate the importance of scribbling, which is often underestimated.
International Scribble Day History
While the act of scribbling has been around for centuries, International Scribble Day itself was founded in 2019 by Diane Alber, the author of “I’m NOT Just a Scribble.” The book follows a cute character named Scribble and encourages children to create art regardless of their abilities. After the book’s release, Diane was inspired to create a holiday dedicated entirely to the art of scribbling. Diane’s idea quickly gained popularity, and today, we celebrate International Scribble Day every March 27th.
How To Observe International Scribble Day
Celebrating International Scribble Day is easy and fun! Below are some suggestions on how to celebrate this day:
Create Your Own Scribbles: Gather all the art supplies you need and let your imagination run wild. Get your family involved and turn it into a friendly competition. You never know what kind of masterpiece you’ll create!
Plan An Event: You can host your own Scribble Day activities at your school or college. Register your institute for a Scribble Starter Pack and get as creative with the activities as you might like. It’s the perfect opportunity to bond with your peers and showcase your creativity.
Post On Social Media: Share your scribbles on social media using the hashtag #NationalScribbleDay to encourage others to participate.
International Scribble Day Activities
Here are some fun activities that you can participate in on International Scribble Day:
Draw Your Own Scribble: Scribble is an adorable character from Diane Alber’s book. Create your Scribble and bring it to life with your imagination.
Scribble Portraits: Have fun drawing portraits of your family and friends, complete with exaggerated features and crazy expressions.
Scribble T-Shirts: Grab some colored fabric markers or paint and design your own t-shirts with your favorite scribbles.
Scribble Board Games: Create a board game that uses your Scribbles as game pieces. Get creative with rules and gameplay.
Importance Of International Scribble Day
International Scribble Day is important because it encourages people to tap into their creativity and embrace their artistic potential. It breaks the common misconception that doodling is just a distraction rather than a productive habit. In fact, studies have shown that doodling and scribbling can be a helpful tool in retaining information and easing the mind when under stress. International Scribble Day is an opportunity to celebrate the beauty of art and self-expression, regardless of skill level.
International Scribble Day Participate Ideas
Here are some participation ideas for International Scribble Day:
– Throw A Scribble Party! Invite your friends and family for a day of fun scribble activities and snacks.
– Organize A Scribble Contest: Get people to participate by holding a contest with prizes for the most creative, funniest, or most outrageous scribbles.
– Create A Scribble Art Show: Host an art show with scribble art from all the participants at your school, college, or office.
– Donate Your Scribbles: Donate your scribbles to a hospital or senior home and spread some cheer to those who may be feeling lonely or isolated.
Quotes On International Scribble Day
Here are some inspiring quotes to celebrate International Scribble Day:
– “Scribble is the beginning of creation.” – Diane Alber
– “Imagination has no limits, and neither does scribbling.” – Unknown
– “Scribbles are like fingerprints – unique to every person.” – Unknown
– “Don’t underestimate the power of a scribble; it can become a masterpiece.” – Unknown
International Scribble Day Captions, Messages & Status
Here are ten cute and fun captions, messages, and status updates to share on social media on International Scribble Day:
1. “Happy International Scribble Day! Let’s unleash our inner artists and show the world our creativity.”
2. “Today is the perfect day to scribble your heart out and let your creative juices flow.”
3. “Grab a pen and paper and join me in celebrating International Scribble Day!”
4. “Scribble by scribble, we create our masterpiece. Happy International Scribble Day!”
5. “Don’t be afraid to scribble outside the lines. Happy International Scribble Day!”
6. “Scribbling is like therapy for the soul. Happy International Scribble Day!”
7. “Let’s scribble our way to greatness! Happy International Scribble Day!”
8. “Don’t judge a scribble by its cover; it could be the next Mona Lisa!”
9. “There’s no such thing as a bad scribble – only different interpretations. Happy International Scribble Day!”
10. “Scribbles may be small, but their impact can be huge. Celebrate International Scribble Day with me!”
1. What does Scribble mean?
Scribbling means to draw or write carelessly with or without any meaning to it.
2. How do you Scribble?
The fun of Scribbling is to let your imagination as loose as you like! You can doodle with different shapes and lines or a combination of both. You can doodle faces with different expressions. Almost anything that you like!
3. Where can I find Scribble supplies?
You can start with just a pen and a piece of paper. Or you can get a Scribble Starter Pack and download activity sheets from Diane Alber’s website.
International Scribble Day is a day to celebrate the art of scribbling and its role in sparking creativity in people of all ages. Whether you’re an expert artist or a beginner, anyone can participate in this fun day. So grab your pens and paper and join us in celebrating International Scribble Day on March 27, 2023!