The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is an initiative of the European Union (EU) aimed at promoting and supporting higher education in Europe, as well as improving the attractiveness of European higher education in third countries. The programme offers scholarships for master’s and doctoral courses, which are jointly developed and delivered by a consortium of European universities. The Euroculture Master Programme is one of the Erasmus Mundus Master’s courses that offer scholarships to both EU/EEA students and non-European students. In this article, we will explore the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship in detail, including its benefits, eligibility criteria, and the application process.
What is the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship?
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is a flagship programme of the EU that seeks to promote the internationalization of higher education by supporting high-quality joint master’s and doctoral programmes offered by European universities. The programme provides scholarships to both European and non-European students to study in Europe. The scholarship covers tuition fees, travel costs, and a monthly allowance for living expenses.
One of the key goals of the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is to improve the quality of higher education in Europe by promoting cooperation between universities in Europe and third countries. Through this programme, European universities collaborate with universities in other countries to develop joint courses that reflect the needs of the global workforce.
Benefits of the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship offers several benefits to successful applicants, including:
High-quality education: The scholarship provides an opportunity for students to study in some of the best universities in Europe, which offer high-quality education and a diverse learning environment.
Financial support: The scholarship covers tuition fees, travel costs, and a monthly allowance for living expenses, which reduces the financial burden on students and makes it easier for them to pursue their studies.
International experience: The scholarship provides an opportunity for students to study in a new country and gain a global perspective on their field of study. This international experience is invaluable in today’s globalized workforce.
Career opportunities: The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship enhances the employability of students by providing them with skills and knowledge that are in demand in the global job market.
Eligibility Criteria for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
To be eligible for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
Academic requirements: Students must have obtained a first higher education degree or demonstrate a recognized equivalent level of learning according to national rules and legislation in place by the application deadline.
Nationality: The scholarship is available to students from both European and non-European countries. The list of eligible countries is available on the Erasmus Mundus website.
Residency: Students must not have resided or carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any of the programme countries (EU + Turkey, Macedonia, Norway, Lichtenstein, Iceland).
English language proficiency: Students must demonstrate proficiency in English or the language of instruction of the course they are applying for.
Application Process for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
The application process for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is straightforward and involves the following steps:
[junkie-button url=”https://www.euroculturemaster.eu/how-to-apply/erasmus-mundus-scholarship-programme” style=”blue” size=”medium” type=”round” target=”_blank”] Application Link [/junkie-button]
- Choose your programme: Visit the Erasmus Mundus website and browse through the list of available master’s and doctoral programmes. Choose the programme that best suits your academic interests and career goals.
- Check the eligibility criteria: Before you start your application, ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
- Submit your application: The application deadline for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is usually between October and January. The application process involves completing an online application form and submitting supporting documents, including your academic transcripts, language proficiency certificates and a motivation letter. There is no separate application process for the scholarship, as all applicants to the master’s or doctoral programme are considered for the scholarship.
- Await a response: After submitting your application, you will receive a response from the university regarding your application status. Successful applicants will receive a scholarship offer, while others may be offered a place in the programme as a self-financed student.
- Accept the offer: If you receive a scholarship offer, you will be required to accept the offer within the specified timeframe and provide any additional information or documents that may be required.
Privacy Disclaimer for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
Students who apply for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship should be aware that their personal data may be used for the purposes of evaluating the programme, managing Erasmus projects, and producing statistics. The data may be made available to the Education and Culture Executive Agency, the European Commission, and other stakeholders of the Erasmus+ programme. Please consult the privacy statement here.
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship offers an excellent opportunity for international students to pursue high-quality master’s and doctoral programmes in Europe. The scholarship covers tuition fees, travel costs, and a monthly allowance for living expenses, making it easier for students to pursue their studies. To be eligible for the scholarship, students must meet the academic requirements, nationality, and residency criteria, and demonstrate proficiency in English or the language of instruction of the course they are applying for. The application process is straightforward and involves completing an online application form and submitting supporting documents. Students who apply for the scholarship should be aware that their personal data may be used for the purposes of evaluating the programme, managing Erasmus projects, and producing statistics.